Sunday, June 15, 2008

I Did It!!!!!!!

We had the race on Saturday and I finished in 2 hours 22 minutes. My goal was to be under 2 hours and 30 minutes so I met my goal! It's kind of ironic. 2 years ago Danny and I were going to Driggs and passed the people running in The Teton Dam Marathon and I was like oh my gosh, that so does not look fun. Those poor people. Fast forward 2 years and I am one of those people and completed a half marathon, 13.1 miles!!!! I blame it on my neighbor who asked me to run 4 miles in a relay and they needed one more person to complete the team and someone who was in my ward. They thought it would be fun if our ward had a team. I had so much fun with those girls. Last year I thought 4 miles was a lot to run. Now I can run 4 miles pretty easy. I used to not be a runner at all. I hated the thought of running. Now I really enjoy it, it becomes almost addicting. Crazy, I know. Anyways, now that you know how I got here, check out these fun pics of the big race!
Me and my running partner Mindy after we crossed the finish line.
Check out those medals! Can you tell that I am exhausted?
Danny, Taylee and Me walking to our car. I could barely walk. My knees & hips were killing me.
I was so excited to see the finish line!
Right before I crossed the finish line.

This is at mile 3 or 4 and we are getting ready to run the hardest part of the race. It is about 3 miles of up hill.

Danny and Taylee cheering us on! I could not have done this without Danny's support. He kept me going through all the training and watched Taylee on Saturday mornings so that I could get in my long run for the week. He is so good to me, I couldn't ask for a better husband.
Don't we look tough with our knee braces on! We are staying positive, this was at mile 10.


7 comments:

Erika said...

Congratulations Annie! That is so impressive! I'm proud of you- that's a lot of work. Good job!

Clayton & Charish Hubbard said...

That is awesome!!! congrats! You are my inspiration!

Jeremy and Nicole Stucki said...

You guys are great! I am a little sad i didn't run it but oh well. Good job!

Amber said...

Good job! Holy cow that's a long ways. I am not a runner but I wish I was.

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you! You are amazing and an inspiration! Congratulations! Heck I think it is time for you to take a rest, sit down and eat some ding dongs! You deserve it! Love Ya!

Cass said...

Wow!! Personally I think you are crazy... that seems like torture. We should get our girls together I be they'd have good time.

Jessica Kettle said...

Way to go Annie! What an accomplishment. Personally, I can't even imagine it!