Sunday, April 20, 2008

I Love you Grandpa!

Today I found out that my Grandpa had passed away from complications in surgery. On Saturday he went into surgery for a Hernia operation and when the doctors opened him up it was a lot more serious than they thought. The surgery went really well and they said everything looked good. This morning he was taken back into surgery because his stomach started to swell. When they got him in there, there was a lot of internal bleeding and they couldn't stop it. I don't think that anything could prepare you for that awful phone call. Today has been a rough day. We lost a wonderful and amazing grandpa, husband, father and friend. My grandparents have been married for 55 years and on Wednesday it would have been his 78th birthday. He loved everything outdoors, camping, fishing, snowmobiling, & 4-wheeling to name a few. He also loved to play pinnacle with my grandma and anyone else who would join. I think the saddest part for me is knowing that my grandma has lost a man that she has been with for over 55 years. When she said goodbye to him at the hospital it was awful. She gave him a kiss and said that she is going to miss him and that she lost her pinnacle partner. I lost it, I think everyone did at that moment. It is just hard to believe that he is no longer with us. I know that he is in a better place. I guess I am just selfish because I wish that he were still here. Death just puts things into perspective for me. It's crazy how we get so caught up in the day to day things and lose sight of what is really important. He was always to person to make you feel comfortable. I know that when Danny and I got married, every time we were around him he would go out of his way to make Danny feel welcome and I loved him for that. He was a great grandpa and I am going to miss him very much.
These are them most recent pictures I had of him. Halloween 2007

5 comments:

Heather Jene said...

I'm so sorry, I hated when my grandpa died our sophmore year. I went into a deep depression. Its never the same without them there.

Nicole Stucki said...

Annie i am so sorry to hear about your grandpa. I lost my grandma over a year ago and I still find it hard without her here. The is just something about grandparents. Let me know if you need anything.

Clayton & Charish Hubbard said...

Your little family is so adorable! How are you?

Peterson Family said...

I'm sorry! Death does put life into a new perspective and although it is sad and one of the hardest things to deal with, it will get better with time. Anyway, how are you? Your little family is so cute! I'm glad that Cassie had your blog connected to hers so I can see it! It's fun to see where everyone is at now!

Ashton & Co. said...

Hey! This is Danny's old friends from WAY back Joel and Michelle Ashton! Sorry to hear of your loss- you guys have such a cute family! Way to go Danny!:) I found your blog through Broc and Amber's. Hope you are all doing okay- your little girl is DARLING! Take care and blog back if you'd like!